Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The New Wiggles

Miss H and I have just returned home from an exceedingly fun morning singing and dancing to The Wiggles, live!!! This was the first show in the first tour of the new and improved Wiggles, with new members Lachy, Emma and Simon bringing the fun.

We went to see the final show of the original Wiggles back in December and, while it was fun and the end of an era, it was disappointing with a toddler. There was lots of talking and we were seated WAY back in the nosebleed section, struggling to see much at all. We ended up ducking out early, although I'm sure we would have stayed for an encore had we had older kids.

Today's show was at Revesby workers club (the drive being an experience in itself), and the set up was far better. There was plenty of floor space and it was a first come, first served scenario so parents and kids were packing into the open area and leaving the seats empty. When the Wiggles came on stage, it felt like they were close enough to touch, even though we were towards the back of the floor.

If you think you've seen something cuter than your toddler daughter dancing her heart out to The Wiggles, you haven't. It's just not possible.

Dorothy and Wags were as energetic as ever
As I love to judge and opine, I was very eager to get the low down on these "new" Wiggles. All in all, I was pretty impressed - Simon has a lovely baritone voice and friendly demeanor, Lachy falls asleep with the same finesse as Jeff and even more enthusiasm. I'm still not sold on Emma, the first female Wiggle, and not only for the fact that I feel very attached to the male-ness of the Wiggles - her voice isn't as strong as the male voices and she plays the sweet, cute girl role, which I wish she wouldn't. If we're going to give kids a female role model in the Wiggles, can she at least be brash and ballsy? But she might grow on me.

All in all we had a GREAT time, the highlight of which was when we realised Jeff and Murray Wiggle were IN THE AUDIENCE. I'm not going to lie, I shrieked "MURRAY!" It was amazing.

RECOMMENDED, guys.

Z xx


No comments:

Post a Comment