Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Takeaway with a side of Attitude

We are completely kitchen-less at the moment while we wait for work to begin on our new, improved, one million percent more functional kitchen. Everyone seems to feel quite sorry for me, and truly the house is a nightmare, but actually I see it as quite a convenient excuse not to cook. My main tip for getting by without a kitchen? Takeaway!

So far we've ordered in three nights, had one pub meal and another dinner cooked for us by our dear friend S. Tomorrow we have a babysitter lined up and the following night I'm out for dinner with the girls, woohoo! W is covered by some stuff I've frozen and H only eats about four things so we're getting by.

Meanwhile I was having a chuckle the other day when I came across the term "threenager", apparently coined to describe a three year old with the attitude and behaviours of a teenager. That is SO age three in our house, complete with eye rolling (!!), dramatic folding of the arms and an absolute air of authority on every issue.

"I can't have the green cup I NEVER have the green cup, the green cup is not my favourite I TOLD you," *eye roll, dramatic sigh, arms folded across the chest, pout*

Would you like a scowl with that?

I kind of feel like I did my time with H getting through that 18-30 months terrible two-ish period, and she is generally pretty well behaved now albeit still INSANELY headstrong. I mean I just don't think I've ever been as committed to anything as she is to, say, her inability to eat food that isn't yellow. But still, three is a funny age. Loving, kind, clever, hilarious. But SO. MUCH. ATTITUDE.


I am dreading the actual teenager years, where the attitude will be partnered with a general hatred of everyone and especially me. So I'll remain grateful for my little threenager for now!

Is this phenomenon confined to girls? Or can boys roll their eyes at three also?!

Z x


No comments:

Post a Comment