Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Whispers from the Universe

Do you ever feel like the universe is talking to you?

You know, like when something odd and coincidental happens (you think hard to remember the name of an old school friend, and run into them the following day), and then happens again, and then a whole lot of dominoes either line up or fall down and you think okay, what are you trying to tell me?

This has definitely been happening to me lately.

I've been tired because J has been travelling for work, and I've been lonely and stressed out. Small, strange coincidental things have been happening - I talked about someone I hadn't thought of in a long time, and the next day found out they were having a baby. My Dad and I struggled to remember the name of that former female premier and the next day Kristina Keneally was on a morning TV program. My Mum is looking after a patient at the moment who, almost 90 years ago, sat in a hospital bed next to my Grandmother as they were both treated for polio. She remembered my Mum's grandfather, who she never met, and told stories of him.

Yesterday morning, I opened all the blinds and windows in H's room, which is at the front of the house. At almost that exact moment, I heard a huge BANG from the street below. It sounded like an accident - I vaguely hoped no one had been hurt on the street. Of course, time proved it wasn't just any accident. It was the sound of someone running into my car, so hard that it needed to be towed. GIANT GROAN.

Meanwhile, some things are falling into place. Planets are aligning. Every day is full of annoying little setbacks but the big picture things are taking shape.

So yes, universe. I hear you. I see you. I know there are bigger things out there than just me and my relatively insignificant existence.

Just keep my car out of it next time!

Z x

No comments:

Post a Comment