Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My New Heart

I went for a wee shop in the city today with a girlfriend - we met for coffee but inevitably ducked into a few stores - and purchased myself a beautiful new bracelet.

I'd bought from the same jewellery designer before, years ago at Bondi Markets - a necklace adorned with a cute little "Z" that I wear all the time. I'd thought about getting a "J" to go with it and had their things in the back of my mind when I was pregnant. But today I walked past the store and was reminded just how cute their stuff is.

I just couldn't resist this gorgeous little heart engraved with the initial of my beloved:

Silver plated initial heart, $39

Now typically I have thrown out the bag from the store in my haste to get this on my wrist, but I feel like maybe it was called Rejuvinate or some other uplifting word beginning with "R" like Restore, Resurrect or Reinvent...or something. But it's one of those little designer stores in the Urban section of Westfield Sydney. The great thing is that they have their stuff available in sterling silver/18k gold OR if you're cheap or unsure, you can get it for $39 and it's just plated.

I got my Z in sterling silver because I knew it would be a keeper - I'd also love a keepsake for Heike but was just not sure if I would wear the bracelet or if I would find it gathering rust at the back of my bathroom cupboard as I so frequently do many of my nice pieces. So for now I've bought the $39 version, and will bug Justus for a sterling silver one if I get enough wear out of it.

So if you want your wrist to look as awesome as mine, you can get this! Or not! You could get lots of other cool bracelets! Yeah!

As a bit of a postscript, my Mum bought a gold plated necklace from this designer years ago when she was starting out, and the plating came off after the first wear. I agreed with her that this wasn't really acceptable (if you're going to pay for a necklace, plated or not, you'd expect it to last more than one wear) so I went with Mum to take it back and the designer was REALLY rude and unhelpful. The necklace was barely worn and we would have been happy to exchange, but she basically had a go at Mum about it and it was really uncomfortable. Still, I think her stuff is awesome and would buy it again, but don't really feel like giving her a free pass on that one!

Z x

No comments:

Post a Comment