Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tip Toey Joey's

No matter what I do lately, Heike will always kick her socks off. This isn't ideal considering the freezing nature of the weather lately, and can cause socially inappropriate Asian men to chastise me for not dressing my child properly (she had socks on when I left the house I SWEAR!). A girlfriend told me that the solution to this dilemma is to put some well-fitting shoes over the socks. That'll show 'em!

I decided that since Heike is beginning to toddle around (with help) anyway, and we are headed to Germany in seven weeks, I'd invest in a decent pair of shoes for her that she can wear every day. I looked at a few different pairs but ended up deciding on some pink sandals made by Aussie brand Tip Toey Joey. The sandals are completely leather and have soft, flexible soles, which are recommended for babes of this age who still have sensitive little tootsies.

The sizing is quite generous - Heike is 9 months and the 9-12 month size is actually a little big on her, which is surprising as she is already in a size one in most clothes! Clearly she has dainty feminine feet (so I tell myself). This kind of defeats the purpose of buying the shoes since at this stage they don't actually stay on...but I wasn't buying the smaller size when she would inevitably grow out of them in a month or so.

Heike's new kicks
These little babies didn't come cheap - $57, for which price I could have bought myself a pair of leather shoes! But I'm hoping there will be a little sister or friend who will reuse them one day.

The cuteness of the shoes is totally worth the price anyway!

Z xx

No comments:

Post a Comment