Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Me Myself and I

I'm feeling sick, tired and sorry for myself today. It's been a busy few weeks in which I've felt like there is always someone needing my attention, always something cooking in my oven and always something that needs cleaning, washing or tidying. You know those weeks - they're just like all the other weeks except everything feels harder.

Having a sick baby of course escalates these feelings, but what's worse is the last few days I've felt a bit sick myself - I know, I know, woe is me. I've got all kinds of first world problems!

Thus, I have decided to have an evening that's all about me. I've just enjoyed a nutritious dinner of muesli accompanied by a fine cup of tea, painted my nails for the first time in months and am watching "The Block" while simultaneously googling, online shopping, pinning and writing this. In 30 minutes or so I'm going to retreat to bed covered in moisturiser and fall asleep reading my book.

While this isn't really subject matter worthy of a blog post, I was glad I remembered that sometimes, it's not only okay but necessary to take some time just for me. So I thought it was important that I remind you, too - if you can, put the kettle on, make a cuppa, put your feet up and read a tacky magazine. You deserve it.

Z x

No comments:

Post a Comment