Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

My One Year Old

Lately I've found myself overcome with absolute affection for my little girl. I'm entirely convinced that one is the loveliest age ever.

First of all there's the pointing at everything, accompanied by a little "Ohh" that makes her sound like a gossipy old woman. Then there's the constant cuddles - most frequently given to her stuffed toys but sometimes administered to the lounge, picture frames, strangers and occasionally even me.

There are kisses given to anyone and anything, including a photo of my brother with the governor and the newsreader on the Today show. There's also the language that is developing each day- most recently we've heard "up", "look" and "Klopp" (the title of one of her German books), while she still barks madly whenever she hears a dog.

Mostly, I love that she and I are communicating, whether it be through words, gestures, cuddles, sounds or the odd slap across the face (thanks Heiks!). We don't have long conversations but we do understand one another and, I think, enjoy each other's company.

One is definitely easier than newborn and from what I've heard far less frustrating than two. I'm working on appreciating the moment and I appreciate this one - spending each day with a sweet, energetic, crazy one year old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment