Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pump It

I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment - oh, who am I kidding, I'm always on some kind of health kick! I think this is essentially due to a combination of a genuine love of food, lack of willpower and struggle with vanity. I love to eat, I frequently overindulge and counteract this with mini health-kicks so I can still look somewhat the way I want to!

Further to this I'm seeing a Chinese herbalist, who has recommended I steer clear of dairy, protein and sugar. So basically everything I love eating. YAY!

I'm so NOT extreme about anything in life and you can very easily twist my arm on just about any issue, which is actually a quality I like about myself - I'm pretty easygoing. That said, I've been impressed with my ability to steer clear of most contraband most of the time these past few weeks.(Friday pizza nights not withstanding)

Further to nourishing my body food-wise, I've started exercising again! I have a complex relationship with exercise. I actually genuinely enjoy it but am inherently lazy ("easygoing"?) and tend not to make time for it as often as I should.

To counteract this, I decided to join a Mums and Bubs fitness group. This means I can take H, who can sometimes be difficult to entertain at home anyway, and meet other Mums while getting all the physical and mental benefits of a good work out. I'm also motivated to get up and go because I'm held accountable.

I've only been going for two weeks but I LOVE it!! I feel naturally energised, more confident and proud of myself for going. If you're interested, simply type "Mums and Bubs Group Fitness" into Google and you'll get a TON of results, or alternatively this link recommends some good class options.

Whenever I'm feeling uninspired, all I need to do is get some quick inspiration by looking at the Mayo Clinic's Seven Benefits of Exercise:

1: Exercise controls weight


2: Exercise combats health conditions and diseases


3: Exercise improves mood

4: Exercise boosts energy

5: Exercise promotes better sleep

6: Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life


7: Exercise can be fun

Yeah! Another excellent motivator is all the amazing exercise clothing out there at the moment. Hello, Lululemon, Lorna Jane and Nike! Here is some inspiration to get you started. 

 
Nike AirMax Shoes, $180

Lorna Jane Tights, $100

Lululemon Run Swiftly Top, $89




Happy excercising!

Z x



No comments:

Post a Comment