Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Mercury Retrograde and other Happenings

I have been SO twitchy the last couple of days. Yesterday I almost had a full blown anxiety attack because the babysitter couldn't get W to sleep (I still hate to leave him with anyone ever) and today miss H and I have been at each other BIG time. She's been completely on edge for the last couple of days and my patience has just about expired.

Today I was doing some blog reading and discovered that I'm not the only one who's been feeling this way, and apparently loads of people out there are attributing this to Mercury Retrograde, which is occurring from Jan 21 - Feb 11. My knowledge of astrology is fairly basic though it's always interested me, so my understanding of this period is essentially that Mercury appears to be travelling backwards, and stuff gets cray. Mercury is the planet that rules communication, clear-thinking, truth and travel, so apparently all those things are affected.

Clear thinking is a struggle for me at the best of times these days, but I can definitely relate to the communication aspect too. Meanwhile it apparently affects those star signs ruled by Mercury the most, so I'm trying to cut my tempestuous little Virgo some slack.

In other news, I am really happy it's Friday and we are staring down the barrel of a long weekend that is closely followed by back-to-preschool. Praise the lord and hallelujah. I seriously don't know how I'm going to cope when my children are all in school and then go on six week summer holidays each year, shout out to all those parents out there hanging out for the holidays to END! This year I'm going to be the perfect preschool Mum…I won't forget red shirt day again…I swear.

2015 was meant to be the year that I went back to work and kicked some career goals but we've decided after long deliberation that that just isn't going to happen this year. J's work is crazier than ever and his travel this year is insane. Someone needs to be home making sure the cogs keep turning, so that will be my focus this year. Hopefully someone will be looking out for me and making sure my cogs are still turning by the end of it!

Here's hoping Mercury Retrograde hasn't been messing with your zen as much as it has ours, and that you Aussies enjoy your long weekend.

Z x

No comments:

Post a Comment