Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Little Boys

There's something very special about a baby boy. An innocence, a naiveté that's somehow unique to them. Girls seem to arrive with their shit together, trying to pretend they don't really need you even though they really do. Boys are less complicated: Love me, hug me, feed me, run me.

Maybe that's down to my particular breed of girl and boy, but its something I've noticed when observing friends' children too.

So, what is it about little boys? Their mischievous grins that seem like they're reserved just for you. The openness of their tiny faces. The twinkle in their eyes that holds so much promise. The way they smell, even when they smell kind of dirty.

Their physical strength, which is baffling, sometimes infuriating and always wondrous. The simplicity of their needs, yet somehow, their neediness.

Oh how I love my little boy, my pure joy. The heart to his sister's soul, the sun to her moon. Just as she changed our lives, he has changed them all over again. I am completely terrified of what life will look like once he learns to balance on those two sturdy legs of his and takes off forever more, for his energy is endless, his strength boundless. But I am excited to see where the year takes us.



Happy 2015!

Z x


No comments:

Post a Comment