Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Material Girl

I would like to think I'm not materialistic. Certainly not in the sense that I'd ever judge others by what they do or don't have - I really couldn't care less and have always been an "each to their own" kind of gal.

That said, I am completely hopeless with money and love to spend, spend, spend! Spending money on ANYTHING, even some half price Bonds socks from the supermarket, makes me feel good. Like, really good. Shopping is my drug, and I'm a total addict.

Recently I did a huge home clean out in the hope that HAVING less would make me WANT less (you know how that can sometimes be the case?) and it was actually kind of effective. I have lost that desire to go out and fritter money away on junk I don't need, because you know, how many striped t-shirts can one actually need? I'm also aiming to increase the Feng Shui factor in our home by de-cluttering and shifting the energy in certain rooms.

Unfortunately cleaning out our home has given me a new reason to spend. Homewares. I simply can't get enough. And the more research I do, the more I realise how much is out there and how many amazing possibilities there are. I realise this goes against the principle of de-cluttering, but I'm not talking knick knacks - I'm talking rugs, prints, bedspreads, cushions. Beautiful, unique items that really add something to a room while still giving me my spending hit.

Here are some of my most recent purchases...

- Gorgeous cushions from Sydney company Jennifer & Smith. These are brightening up our redecorated bedroom.
Love...these start at $100
- This very awesome print from Mini & Maximus. Can't decide if this is best placed in our room or if it's a kick ass poster for a hardcore little girl.
What a cool chick - $40 for the print
- This recycled plastic rug from Sydney Mum Phoenix Willow, who sells Balinese homewares and clothing via her Facebook page.
Just $60 for this rug, which we're putting in our office
- This Rabbit Lamp from Larkstore
Cute! $159.
- Some very cheap and cheerful storage boxes from Ikea for our new home office.
Kvittra Box, $7.99. Other designs available


On my wishlist?

- Pretty much any linen from Kip & Co. Pleeeeease!
- Some gorgeous planters from Sarai Homewares to brighten my front porch.
- Pia Wallen's beautiful Cross Blanket, available from Share Design.
- Pretty much anything I've pinned on my Pinterest page, the mecca of all my desires for home.

Little by little, our home is coming together. I'm beginning to think that when it's finally where we want it we'll be ready to move on! But the journey is just as important as the destination, or so I tell myself.

Z x

No comments:

Post a Comment