Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

High Temps All Round

Sydney is a toasty 34 degrees today, with killer winds to boot. From where I'm sitting the sky is an ominous black-orange hue and the air is thick with smoke that the pyro in me can't help but inhale with glee. Somewhere (the Blue Mountains I think) fires are burning, despite a total fire ban in place across the city.

Meanwhile, someone else is feeling the heat too - little H has a temp of 38.3 and rising. I've just administered Panadol and am hoping this eases some of her pain, which has made itself evident by her falling asleep randomly twice today. Usually sleep during the day is a well planned bonus so this was very unlike her.

Anyway, I am such a hopeless nurse I have stripped her down and popped her in front of the television. This is my constant struggle at the moment - limiting TV intake to a child who would do nothing but watch it if she could. So I'm feeling pretty bad about using it as my babysitter this afternoon, but honestly, what else does one do with a sick child? How many stories can I read before we both go slightly bonkers?

If we weren't a household of invalids, we would likely be cooling off at the beach or pool this afternoon. But come December, we will almost certainly be cooling off at the new WET AND WILD SYDNEY!!

Woohoo!
I am a theme park aficionado from way back and Wet n' Wild was always my absolute favourite, combining my love of adrenaline with my love of water. Clearly many others feel the same, because not only does it always have the longest queues, but they're now opening a second one in good ol' Sydders.

I am beyond excited despite a) Pregnancy meaning I won't be able to go on any of the rides this summer and, b) Serious concerns about the crowds. If nothing else I can see H and I lounging by the Wave Pool or going crazy in the kiddie section and I have already enlisted my husband to be my sister's new ride partner. I've heard complaints about the prices but $120 will get you 21 visits, which is pretty darn affordable I reckon - particularly given the price for single entry is set to be around the $70 mark.

Well, with that in mind I'm off to stick my head in the freezer. Bring on healthy toddlers and local water parks!

Z x



No comments:

Post a Comment