Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

And Then There Were Two

Lately, blogging, writing, cooking and other things I enjoy have been sidelined. Firstly because the last six weeks have been consumed with traveling, including getting ready to travel and recovering from said travel. We enjoyed a beautiful family holiday in the US that was for once largely devoid of drama and left me feeling relaxed and motivated.

Secondly, and more truthfully, I've neglected my hobbies due to my second pregnancy, which we found out about in early July. This little baby was very wanted and we were ecstatic to find out about his/her imminent arrival. That said, I quickly realised how easy I had it the first time around. This pregnancy came complete with round-the-clock nausea and absolute exhaustion, which I'm sure was exacerbated by having a toddler around. I actually remember thinking "How can I ever do this again?" although now that I'm feeling better I'm already forgetting quite how bad I felt.

Our holiday was the light at the end of the tunnel that is the first trimester, and I came home well and truly out the other side. I'm now at the infinitely more pleasant stage of burgeoning baby bumps and exciting tummy flutters and finally feel ready to re-enter the kitchen without gagging. Toddler nap times can officially be used more productively than me falling asleep on the lounge for two hours and foods other than bread and pasta have recently been reintroduced to my diet.

I'm sure that baby number two will bring many more challenges to overcome and many more heart melting moments, and with those many more stories to share. Right now I am enjoying being home, being warm and spending time with my dear H, who has benefited from some much needed Daddy time over the holidays and seems to be reassessing the choice of "No!" as her favourite word.

More to come soon,

Z x


No comments:

Post a Comment